It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Getting Ready

I have shared a lot about MY feelings as we prepare to orphan host but I haven't really shared a lot about what we are doing to get things ready for Di*na.

Tonight we went through all the things that have been given to her already. Unwrapping them or taking them out of her dresser and setting the aside for just the right time. I thought I would share some of those things with you tonight.
A Bible in Ukr*ini*n.  So excited to be able to share God's word in something so familiar to her.

Personal Care Items. Looking forward to teaching her how to use some of these items.

I bought these slippers today. The only personal item that I have purchased for her so far....because we just don't know what size. But these are her favorite colors pink and black!

Gift card to Target. Thursday on the way home, we will stop by the store to grab underwear, flip flops, pajamas, and a few outfits. We will save this gift card for when she is a little more settled and can spend it on clothes she picks out.

I hung this up tonight. I just love seeing it there!!!!

This is one of the things that I set aside. It is the Jesus Movie but in her language. I am sure the words will sound even better to her ears and brain after listening to English.

Speaking of English, she will spend some time each day learning it! This program is just one of the ways we will work on that.

I set this beautiful journal and fancy pens aside for now. Friday, I will share them with her so she can begin journaling about her time here.

I already have one of these cameras out for her to have on the way home.


Going through the things and imagining her using them reminded me of preparing for Nan & Jo....those of you who have had babies do you know what I mean? How you carefully set out and hang up everything. Then go back and check it again finding it hard to believe that very soon your baby will be here using those things. I feel that same way again!

Finding it hard to sleep tonight. Di*na is on an overnight train heading to Kiev in order to catch her flight tomorrow. Actually, it is 6:30 am Wednesday (It is 10:30pm Tuesday here) so to her, she will be here tomorrow!!!! I bet is was a long night and imagine she had trouble sleeping too! Worrying about her and praying for her. Wondering what she is worrying and thinking about.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!!! Hope your days with her are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete