It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Loving someone you don't know:





I do know that she doesn't speak English but is looking forward to learning.
I do not know how she learns so I have been doing lots of reading on ESL (English Second Language) but am still not sure what I am going to use or how this will all work.

I do know that she is quiet .
I do not know if that is because she is shy or that is her personality (like Michael).


I do know that she is very brave to come to the United States and not speak the language.
I do not know if she really had any choice in coming.


I do know that she have lived in an orphanage for at least 4 years which means she has had little adult supervision or interaction.
I don't know how she will react to rules, boundaries, constant attention, and our love.

 I know that she is thin because of lack of proper nutrition.
 I don't know what she likes to eat.


I do know that her favorite colors are black and pink.
I don't know what shade of pink.


I do know that she likes to knit.
I do not know how to knit. (Anyone want to help me out here and getting her some supplies???)


I don't know if she likes to be swim or doesn't even know how. I don't know if she will enjoy cooking eating or will have food issues. I don't know if she will be terrified and slow to warm up or excited and ready for new experience. I don't know if she is into rule-following or rebellion. 

I don't know, I don't know, I don't know!

We love Di*na so much already. She fills a part of our lives and hearts and yet we don't know her.

We want her to feel our love but not knowing her makes it impossible to plan ways to show her that.


I know this post sounds crazy. 
I do not know how to fix that. 



1 comment:

  1. thinking of you and hope things go smoothly with this experience. You and your family will give so much to her during her stay. I know it.

    ReplyDelete