It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

For Real

For Real:

I have bad grammar and spelling as pointed out by in a comment. I some how made it out of high school without learning how to diagram a sentence and I patched stuff along to make it out of college comp classes. This year, I am learning how (along with my 8-year old daughter). Yesterday's post had a big ole' issue on the first line. I get it....and am a work in progress.

For Real:
We moved Josie upstairs just so I don't have to hear her scream for me in the middle the night. Yes, only sleeps through the night about half the time.

For Real:
My bedroom floor is almost completely covered by papers and baskets of laundry that need to be put away. (BUT  my kitchen counter and desk are finally cleaned off.)

For Real:
A friend did a post on cloth diapers. If you are or are considering cloth diapering you will want to read this. This is her second post but she refers to the first post - check that one out too! Which reminded me that I never told you that I quit. I hadn't intended to quit but we traveled a lot, I need to buy a larger size...laziness...anyway you look at it I am no longer using cloth diapers but did for over a year and would do it again.

For Real:
Our pastor started a series on being critical - people who are critical of you and you being critical of others. One week in and it is already painful.

For Real:
Michael read the The Truth post from the other day before I posted it. I wouldn't talk about him on here without his permission. We started our married life off in a church and community that didn't share about their lives - the REAL stuff at least. I can't tell you what a disservice that was to us as a new married couple (let alone as just normal people). Being transparent with others is a big deal to us - that is why we share.

For Real:
Ever heard the saying, "Have you prayed about it as much as you have talked about it?" I don't always. My personal saying would look more like this, "Have you prayed about it as much time as you have spent eating/hiding/thinking about how to get doughnuts about it?"

For Real:
A friend and her two daughters came over and ate lunch with us...and I fed them leftovers that I warmed up in the microwave.

For Real:
I read the last page of a magazine first. 

So what is something For Real about you this week?

9 comments:

  1. For Real: I love spending time with you. I have a real appreciation for people who are transparent. ~ Shelley C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For real: I really love having my kids home and I'm not looking forward to school starting, but this week I have had small moments where maybe I am a little looking forward to a clean house and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For real: For starters I completely agree with Stacy! Secondly, I am extremely self conscience of the muscle in my legs. Everytime somebody feels the need to point them out to me or a crowd of friends, I may smile and crack a joke about them, but in my head they have been smacked and I have quietly pointed out to myself some body flaw they have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For real: I also had baskets of laundry in the bedroom, my husband is out of town, and my kids are begging to start school so they can have some sort of routine in their day!

    Rawne (because I can't figure out how to use my wordpress id.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For real: I live in a big city and I'm not married and I don't have kids, I haven't done laundry in about 4 years (because it costs not that much more to have someone else do it) and sometimes I feel like I am more figuratively than literally very far away both in my lifestyle and my day to day from my old friends. It's not a better life, just SO different! Also, no one's grammar is perfect, unless you have an editor, but I highly recommend Eats, Shoots & Leaves. Nan might be old enough for it too! -Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. For real: I am a pastor's wife who despises Vacation Bible School.

    For real: We just started packing two days ago (for a move that's at least three weeks away) and have already accidentally packed something we use on a daily basis.

    For real: Like a newborn baby, I seem to have my days and nights confused right now.

    For real: While we are actively pursuing both psychological and medical help for our oldest son, I become more and more convinced that he's just a selfish brat.

    For real: At the end of the "summer to lose weight," I'm heavier than I've ever been. Ugh.

    For real: I, too, never talk about my husband (in person or in blog world) without clearing it with him first. We have the same agreement about him using me and/or my life as a sermon illustration:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For Real....I am very proud of you!

    Aunt Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. For real: My 2.5 yr old still doesn't sleep through the night also. So, I moved him out of his brother's room to preserve everyone's sanity (& sleep!).

    For real: I sometimes give in to my 2.5 yr old's request for Cookies & Cookie Monster on TV at 6 am.

    For real: I have had to call poison control 3 times since the same child! He is a quick little monster sometimes!

    For real: I started a diet that made me cranky & miserable. I much prefer to be overweight, but happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For real: I really truly dislike using the bathroom. The only thing I
    Ike less than using it is cleaning it. But this past week was so not the ultimate.
    I had surgery so I had to take a *gasp* laxative.
    And then after barely remaining sane was unable to go for the 5 days following surgery.
    Enter an enema
    For real this is gross
    But I thank God I don't have to use outhouses and this is not the norm

    On a lighter note I think you are very brave to share your authentic self

    ReplyDelete