It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, September 21, 2012

Little Things that I Love

JoJo sleeping in until 7am consistently so I get a shower in the morning.

Leftover apple crisp for breakfast.

The little "pop"- sound canning jars make when they seal.

Seeing my nephew's take-home folder from school and letting him explain the things to me.

Reading Kisses from Katie with Nan everyday and literally seeing her "get" the poverty in Uganda and her blessings here.

A husband who takes care of Nan's missing teeth and toenails so I don't have to.

What little things do you love and appreciate this morning?

2 comments:

  1. I love those little moments, Laura! I was gulping my morning coffee when I noticed that my kiddos were all piled on the couch with our dog. They were all loving him up and laughing... it was pure Heaven for me.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Kerry at HouseTalkN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, love the pops of sealing jars. And my favorite breakfast is leftover Rice Krispie bars--the ones made with peanut butter and chocolate on top (because it's cereal and peanut butter and thus healthy, ya know! lol).

    Kisses From Katie--soooo good!

    ReplyDelete