It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, October 5, 2012

For Real


I threw away the lunch I made for my family because it was gross....I overcooked the rice noodles and was missing two ingredients but made it anyway.

I gave Jo leftover Easter candy for peeing in the potty.

I sat up all night with a sick and crying toddler (her old friend, the high fever without any other symptoms) watching Disney Junior and refilling her cup with a mixture of gatorade and water that is so gross I wouldn't drink it myself.

This afternoon we didn't do school.

I have searched this house high and low and we have no processed, sugary foods or caffienated soda. (I have not stooped to eating the Easter candy....just feeding it my kid.)




I am still wearing my pajamas and my house looks like this.





2 comments:

  1. I was able to get dressed, but only because my hubby's work was canceled due to the rain. Otherwise I am right with you. We did the fever earlier this week and it has turned into an ear infection that kept baby girl awake all night:-( Though we have Ghridelli chocolate chips to comfort me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh, heh, Ok, we can be friends! ;)

    ReplyDelete