It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, October 12, 2012

Found

     I have dug out some old grammar materials to help Nan and I with school. I find it hard to believe that as a 4th grader she is doing work that I did as a college freshman but yet it is without a doubt happening. (I have shared many times, I am learning alongside her and getting the education I never had.)

      This morning, I was looking ahead in one of the books when I came across a few things that made me smile.

Michael's name doodled all over the page. Even though that man was 600 miles away, he was on my heart.


Christmas gift ideas jotted down on a piece of scrap paper.


      The list really got me this morning. The name on the top is someone we miss dearly, Grandma Helen. Just yesterday, my Mother-in-Law was over and we talked about missing her and shared some good memories. A little further down on the list was Lyle and Marie. Christmas was going to be celebrated by Michael's side at their home that year. Little did I know that we would show up to that Christmas dinner engaged!


No comments:

Post a Comment