It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Thursday, October 4, 2012

I know, I know

I know, I know...enough with the orphan hosting already.

But I can't be done. There are almost 150 million orphans in the world. Most will never wake up in a bed, safe in a home with loving parents.

I have been contacted privately by so many families who are interested but are afraid for lots of reasons. We get it...the unknown is scary...but the positives so outweigh the risk.

I could post a pretty graphically designed quote (from my extensive pinterest collection!) here about fears but you don't need that. You already know what is right. You already know that you could handle orphan hosting 'if push came to shove'.

Did you not really read what I wrote above? 

150 million orphans.

Push has come to shove. There is a need. You can fill that need.

You can choose an orphan who is available for adoption. His or her forever family might live a few houses down from you or attend your church (or even be you!). All those things have happened. But you can also choose children who are not available for adoption. They need a place for just a few weeks (4 weeks for winter program, 5 weeks for summer program). You certainly could do a few weeks!

I know that I sound pushy. BUT some of you need a push. You are thinking about it and then allowing those thoughts to be buried. It isn't about intentions here - it is the real the deal.

These are children's lives we are talking about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment