It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, October 19, 2012

Potty Training: I keep catching a whiff of poop...

Potty Training Day 5:
 
I keep catching a whiff of poop...I check and she is clean. 

Hmmm...there it is again. 
It is by the bathroom but not in the bathroom.

Where is that smell coming from????





Walk past the Play Room and 
catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye. 

It couldn't be. 

She wouldn't...right?

Ugh!

Who leaves a turd on the floor and 
goes on about life like nothing ever happened?

Oh yeah, a two-year old. 


6 comments:

  1. I would laugh, but it's just too close to home.

    And it's not funny when it happens to me.

    Day after day after day. (He *never* pees his pants, even at night, but he *never* poops in the potty chair. sigh)

    I am working up a tiny chuckle, however, that you actually took a picture of and posted her poop. Now THAT is funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is that I was home alone. The girls had gone with my sister to pick up MooMoo from school. I had to take a pic to share the moment with my sister (who I had made smell around with me before they left!).

      JoJo arrived home and asked, "Did you poop?" She led me right to the spot and said, "The poop is gone!" (Why she couldn't have pointed it out an hour earlier....)

      Delete
  2. Shonda, My boy would never poop in the potty. he would take his big boy undies off and find a pull up somewhere and do the job. I swear he was going to the store and buying them, becasue I did not remember buying that many. Maybe he took some out of the other kids bag at daycare. I do not know. He finally went decided that he would not be swallowed by the toilet and from that day on we never had a problem. He is now 13 and gets very embarrassed when I talk about this. I tell him it is payback!

    Laura, I got a good chuckle and I am sure you are right when you say it is from Michaels side. HEHE

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE the reminder that when a child is ready it will 'click'. Please, please keep that story not only for the encouragement it provides but also for the cute memory it is!

      Delete