It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Birthday, NANCY!





Nine years ago this picture was snapped of an obviously, very fresh baby. Just moments before, I was asking, "What is it? What is it? What is it?"

I think that the hospital staff was used to people already knowing the answer to that question. It seemed to me that they took hours to finish up what they were working on (oh yeah, that was me!) and answer my question! 

We were were pretty sure we already knew we were expecting a girl. After all, we had only one boy name picked out but two girl's names! (Isn't that how it goes?)


Dr. Davis told me, 
"It's a girl!"


Immediately, I asked Michael, "What is she?" 


He knew exactly what I meant and answered,
 "She's a Nancy."


Micheal hurried down the hall to let everyone know that Nancy Lynn was born!



Nan was almost a Henley or a Nathan! 
(What do you think about that, Nan?!?)

Happy Birthday, Nancy Lynn! 





4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Nancy! Enjoy your day with each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Nancy! My 6-year-old girl shares your middle name! It's her grandmother's middle name too. How did your parents decide that "Lynn" would be your middle name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, too cute! Happy birthday to your young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you call her Nan! Hope she's had a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete