It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Saturday, November 24, 2012

If you start to decorate for Christmas...

Ever feel like putting up Christmas decorations is a lot like the book if you give mouse a cookie but not in the fun-you-get-still-eat-cookies-way?



Is it like this for anyone else? 

We now need to clean my blinds. (For Real: since it has never been done. ) I probably would have just left it and kept going but I touched it and now you can obviously see where it is clean (accidentally, of course) and dirty.


We put up the tree and there are needles everywhere.

We change out our glasses and mugs (and plates) for festive Christmas ones. So that is at least one load of dishes.

Oh, and the kitchen towels and hot pads get exchanged too.


My husband is standing in the bathroom waiting for me to come in and cut his hair.

If you take out the 14 boxes of Christmas decorations than you are going to have to:

  1. Dust
  2. Vacuum
  3. Wash Dishes
  4. Do Laundry
  5. Cut Hair
  6. Sweep
  7. Clean the Bathroom.
  8. (Get the kids to bed early and drink a glass - or more - of wine.)

This is totally not a complaint! Just a reminder that I need to apologize to my parents more for all they did for me in childhood! Is it like this for anyone else?

(This also makes me remember that sometimes I do a lot of unappreciated stuff that my kids probably won't even remember. I remember that occasionally but usually only after I do unnecessary stuff like switch out dishes and towels....) Is it like that for anyone else?






2 comments:

  1. You are way ahead of me! I don't start my decorating, and everything that entails, until Dec 1st.
    I love that you have holiday hot pads!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SOO funny! I love that book!

    ReplyDelete