It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Study date

I am spending this Sunday evening sitting at a local restaurant with my fourth grader writing a key word outline and essay. Normally, we break this up over the week but with a holiday things got a little off schedule. It was obvious we were both lacking the motivation to work on this project so a little bit of fountain soda and a break from the 2-year old were necessary.

Sometimes, I find it hard to believe she is nine years old let alone capable of writing papers. I know that I wasn't writing a three paragraph paper every week at her age. Let alone reading it aloud to a group of my peers!

We just left practice for the Christmas Play at our church. Nan, who plays three different roles, was complimented several times for her singing clear and loud enough to be heard. She has memorized her lines and runs through them in the car with me. She takes this, as with most things, very seriously.

I am amazed at her confidence and ability. I love seeing her use her gifts and talents now! I get a tiny bit overwhelmed with the responsibility of parenting her to reach the full potential of those. I wonder what she will do...you know, as an adult.

Occasionally, I wish I could just have a glimpse of God's plan for her future. I want a quick revelation so I can know what I should be nurturing in her and teaching her. (Foreign languages? Advanced math skills? Music and Arts?)

Reminder: 
Relax and enjoy this moment with this awesome kid



No comments:

Post a Comment