It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, December 28, 2012

Family Fun Goals: Make a Gingerbread House

I say this every year because I need affirmation for being a good mom: one year I made homemade gingerbread. It took hours, no one ate it and was a complete waste of time. Still I want it it to be known that I did make the effort so now I can buy the kits with no guilt. I secretly feel like I paid my dues to the gingerbread world and now I can do whatever I want. What I want is to only make this project last a few hours and concentrate on the candy!

My nephew was able to join us this year so we made two gingerbread houses: one for each home.

In typical Nan-fashion, she take even placing candy seriously. 

This child wanted to bad to use the frosting bag. 

Isn't it so fun when there is something a family with all ages can do together?

Look at her cute little hands! Lots of fine motor skill practice in this project!

Jo was more anxious to start this project than the big ones! I kept her busy for almost an hour by simply having her unwrap the candy. She carefully did this without eating any...did I mention it took her an hour?!?

Moo-Moo was so much to do this with!

It looks like Michael takes this seriously too!

They worked so well together on this project...and ate so much candy together on this project!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the pictures of the bike ride to rockhome gardens and the float trip that you have left before the end of the year!;)

    ReplyDelete