It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Thursday, December 13, 2012

For Real

Yesterday for breakfast my children at leftover brownies....for supper they ate cheesy puffs we bought at a convenience store while we drove around looking at Christmas lights.

I don't brush my teeth before bed every night.

I have to re-wash at least one load of laundry each week because I forget about it and leave it in the washer too long.

I haven't yelled at Nan since we started half days of school for Winter Break and started sleeping in a bit. 

I still haven't mailed out Thank you cards (although they are done) from Jo's birthday in August because she got a hold of a marker and wrote all over the envelopes. For some reason, I can't get it together enough to just address new envelopes and will instead just keep moving them from pile to pile.

Jo still will not poop in the potty no matter how much I bribe her.

I check my email and facebook on my phone when I should be participating in CC with Nan or Library Story time with Jo.


10 comments:

  1. I skip supper so I feel less guilty about eating fudge and chex mix all evening.

    I have yet to experience empty nest syndrome and sometimes fantasize about what I will do with newly empty bedrooms.

    Robbie and I could eat pizza 3 meals a day, and sometimes do.

    I wish I could stay home and play all day with my craft projects, while simultaneously complaining that Rob spends too much time at work.

    I am completely OVER stupid teenager tricks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE IT! (Especially the pizza part!)

      Delete
  2. I was talking about you today at lunch with the local news anchor Dawn.

    I don't always have the girls brush their teeth before bed.

    I use my mom's name and library card at the library because I don't live in city limits.

    I should take our oldest cat to the vet to see why he's losing so much weight, but I just can't afford it.

    I often drive my car with the "out of gas" light staring me in the face. It's like a contest between the two of us. I'm going to lose one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. borrowing books under false pretenses...how dare you! LOL!!!

      local news...hmmm..I may need a hook up when we orphan host next or even better: There is a family in Sullivan (who we love) hosting over Christmas if she is looking for a feel-good holiday story...

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, the laundry one rings true here for sure. If it does make it out of the two machines, it spends days on my couch!

    Since I'm going to a meeting tonight which will have lots of desserts I plan to eat nothing but desserts for dinner!

    I didn't cook dinner for my family tonight because I made a snack for the meeting and my oldest had two dance classes.

    I'm jealous they like my husband's "cooking" which is microwaving bread and cheese slices and calling it grilled cheese. Really!? And they love it
    Speaking of dance, she needed her tights for class. I pulled them out of the laundry and gave them to her. The dirty laundry that is. What's worse is I will probably just buy a second pair as this isn't the first time I've done this, and otherwise I'm sure it wouldn't be the last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, this post is hilarious! I love the "grilled cheese" thing!! LOL! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who will pull something out of the dirty laundry. Febreeze is my friend!

      Delete
    2. The grilled cheese made me laugh too! My hubby fries hamburger and dumps it on tortilla chips, then tops the pile with cheese. They even have a name for it: Dad's Famous Nachos.

      Delete
  4. I worked out early this morning, and then came home to breakfast on chocolate chip cookies.

    When one child asked me today why a sibling got to do something and she didn't, I wearily told her, "We've always liked him better."

    I don't grade anything my kids do for school, yet I manage to create transcripts.

    My foster child came home from kindergarten with a disciplinary note for calling a classmate a name that we use ALL THE TIME around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee, hee, I have also "wearily told a child we just like him/her better". :)

      Delete
  5. FYI peanut butter rice krispie bars are a nutritious breakfast--cereal, peanut butter (protein) and chocolate icing to make it taste yummier! :)

    ReplyDelete