It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

For Real

We have a very well-stocked game and puzzle closet, yet have only played Candy Land in the past month. The reason can be found in this quote from my daughter, "I don't really want to play this but everything else is too much work to get out."

I love taking a bath with a book, hot cup of tea, and a snack. I  have trained my children to waste water just as freely and feel like they should also eat in the tub. (I know eating the bathroom is gross but I still do it.)

I haven't worked out or even taken a walk in almost 4 months.

Some days Jo eats like 10 different processed-food-individually-wrapped snacks just so I can get school done.


The person who I am most often rudest to and expect the most from is my oldest daughter. This requires me to apologize to her more than anyone else. I fear that I am not changing fast enough and I will mess up a chance at being her friend when she grows up.

I tried to set a goal for not drinking any pop in 2013. My husband said it will never happen and not to bother. I hate having to agree with him about this.

What is something For Real about you today?


5 comments:

  1. Eiy yi yi... you HAVE to ask this week, don't you?!? ;) Why is December 31st so exciting, yet January 1st feels overwhelming... With fresh start comes the fresh fear of failure. I fail every day, as a wife, as a mother, as a sister, etc. But my hope comes when the Lord prompts someone to be the voice of reason. The voice of hope. So here we are. It's already January 2nd, and even though I have failed miserably yet again this year, my hope is thankfully from above. No pop? Yeah, I can't do it. We could have a contest and I could lose if you want me to. ;) Or I could win, as long as you lose soon.

    See ya in a couple days! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dirty dishes from Monday evening are still all over the counter.

    Asher's new favorite toy is empty pop cans (that he found around the house). He lines them up and bowls with them.

    I am giving up coke as soon as this 12 pack is gone. How long do you think that will last?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giving up soda isn't too hard. I've done it and now just drink Diet 7UP, no caffeine. But I still have a cup of coffee every morning. My for real today is...

    I yelled and did my mean mom voice to my 4 year old this morning because I let her push all of my buttons. My bad.

    My cell phone isn't working because I didn't pay the bill and I'm okay with that. One less way for my mom to bother me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freaked yesterday--totally freaked, tears and all--about not being ready for school to start today because I got the crud for a solid week over break when I intended to get things in shape.

    I've had two cans of pop and a 32-ouncer so far this year. And I'm not even a tiny bit inclined to TRY to give it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been pop free for over 6 months! YOU CAN DO IT! I STILL see a Pepsi and have strong desire to just give up at times and drink the darn thing. It was really hard the first couple of weeks, but now, I am okay. I keep telling myself there is NO nutritional value in pop. I will have caffeinated coffee and tea sometimes.

    I know I am late on the FOR REAL thing, but here is mine for the week. Last night, I could not wait to get out of the house by myself and get away from the kids. I went and volunteered and chatted with the older ladies at the donation store we have in town. I worry that my little girl will not like me when she gets older - she can be such a challenge. I catch myself not saying nice things to her and cry out of frustration about her.

    ReplyDelete