It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Little Things

Feeding the birds and squirrels outside our back door, mainly because it makes our indoor cat so much fun to watch.

Having the information I am learning alongside Nan in Classical Conversations "click" in my brain when I started a Bible study on Esther last night.

Gloves that allow me to use my phone without taking them off. (A for-no-reason-gift from my sis.)


The expectation of a weekend away with friends and getting to hug my Goddaughter.

Getting your hair washed as the hairdressers. 

Nan reading to Jo.


Spaghetti and coffee.
(but not together)


What are your 'Little Things' today?






This is rolling around in my heart today but it isn't a "Little Thing". 
It is a Great, Big encouragement to me. 
A Psalm of David (from Psalm 21)
 O Lord, in your strength the king rejoices,
    and in your salvation how greatly he exults!
 You have given him his heart's desire
    and have not withheld the request of his lips.
For you meet him with rich blessings;
    you set a crown of fine gold upon his head.
 He asked life of you; you gave it to him,
    length of days forever and ever.
 His glory is great through your salvation;
    splendor and majesty you bestow on him.
For you make him most blessed forever;
    you make him glad with the joy of your presence





6 comments:

  1. A name tag hanging by our door as I walked out for work today, that wont be there next week. (I guess that isn't so little is it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct, that isn't a little thing. Sorry you are hurting. We are praying for all 6 of you doing this this time.

      Delete
  2. Learning about tea at a library program with little girls who sat still and attentive amongst a crowd of senior citizens.

    My baby boy overjoyed to see me when I returned.

    A perfectly sized, new condition, knee length hand-me-down coat I can take to Ukraine!




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time with your girls at a tea? I bet they LOVED that! A smiling toddler to greet you with kisses...the best feeling! So glad you have a warm coat for your trip!

      Delete
  3. Panda Express when the day got away from me and I didn't get supper made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that does sound good. I like you even better now that I know your "go-to" fast food meal is Chinese! :)

      Delete