It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Encouragement without doughnuts (it is possible)

Sometimes we have crummy weeks full of crappy things and yucky people. Sometimes just a day or even just a morning like that can throw me into a grumpy mess.  I have shared that I wrongly hide behind sugar (donuts!) and my my computer screen.

You know what? 
Occasionally, my computer is exactly the right place to be.

These are a few ladies who I love to 'hang out with' online. They don't mind if I 'visit' in my pj's while eating a doughnut. Thought you may want to visit with them too!


Kris shares about how the command to love maybe should come with an asterisk.
Click here

Ruth writes about when her loving her husband (and her God) doesn't always feel like it once did.
click here

Shonya's extraordinary post about the relationship with her daughter's birth mother reminds me that God builds families though love not only biology.
click here


Heather's short post tells how she is  laughing through this week's small trials. She has faced some big ones and is the perfect person to put it in perspective for me.
click here


Jen shares how sometimes online friendships become 'real'...I love this post because I get to be one of her online-turned-real friends!
click here

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE blog posts about other blogs the writer loves! Thanks for including me in this love! I'm going to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hang out with you in jammies with donuts! :) I enjoyed reading you bloggy friends although Jen's link doesn't work fyi.

    ReplyDelete