It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Saturday, February 16, 2013

For Real

There is some part of the my brain that must think 10 people live in this house. I almost always double (or even triple) a recipe even when it is completely unnecessary.

Only three children are eating breakfast this morning.


Because of the above, I find Sam's Club, a warehouse store, a shopping wonderland.

I gave up sugar for Lent and spend just as much time thinking about what I will eat Easter weekend at my Aunt's house as I do remembering Christ's sacrifice and being repentant.

I left the house yesterday for the second day in a row without showering. Just spritzing on perfume and hoping not to have a reason to interact with the general public.

I publicly complain about my youngest daughter and only realize this about 5 minutes after I do it.

I met a homeschool family this past week that encompasses all the judgement and gunk that I feel about homeschooling. I really struggle with talking about them behind their backs, wanting to avoid them, and generally behaving in a way that makes me worse than them.

I get to celebrate my Goddaughter's birthday next weekend....with her....I love that girl and her family like crazy. I am counting down the days until I see them.

What is something For Real about you today?



2 comments:

  1. I told other mother's this morning that we watch RuPaul's Drag Race with our girls and that they (the show's contestants) call each other bitches and I told my girls that that means they are friends (which on the show it does!). After much stares from the other moms, I said we watch shows like that to teach our kids tolerance. Stares.
    I then think those moms are the ones with a problem.

    My girls ate chocolate for breakfast on Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you would be right, Jen! ;) This is hilarious....I can TOTALLY see the stares from the other moms....oh goodness!

    ReplyDelete