Having previously hosted, we know that many of you WANT to help. It feels awkward to post but here are some things that we need:
You can make a tax-deductible donation towards the $810 we still need to raise for general hosting fees. You can do this in one of two ways: sending a check directly to New Horizons (950 Cobb Pkwy, Suite 708 Acworth, GA 30101) or through Paypal by clicking HERE. In either case, you must clearly indicate that is for hosting fees with both Michael and my name or it will not be used toward our account. (Must be done by April 30th.)
Rolling Duffel bag up to 30" (in length). If you have one at home you are able to donate that is great. It does not have to be new. Here is a link to a new one if you want to purchase a new for her though. (Click here to buy)Thanks Diane & Denise!
- A hygiene kit in travel tote to store the
things Please remember that she is about Nan's age and she has very long and beautiful hair. Things needed include a toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, ponytail
holders, headbands, and deodorant. If you would like to include some extras she would enjoy bubble bath and nail polish.
A quality back pack that will last her. A special touch would be getting it personalized. (Click here to buy)Thank you Mayhall Family!
- Clothes in girls size 10-12 (large). Hand-me-Downs are welcome! ALL SEASONS are needed including a
winter coat, hat and gloves. We don't know about shoe sizes yet. Thank you for the winter coat Klaker Family!
- Gift Certificates for places such as Wal-Mart, Target, or Old Navy in order to purchase underwear, bathing suit, and shoes. We
have very specific clothing items that need to be purchased for her to take back.
- Inexpensivee MP3 player and headphone/earbuds.
- Experiences Museum passes, amusement park tickets (She would like to ride a roller coaster!) , movie tickets, sporting event tickets, pool passes, bowling....well, you get the idea.In addition, if your family is doing something that you think she would enjoy, we would love to spend time with you - bonfires, boating, or just eating a meal in your home.
Dental CareThank you Dr. Jones in Villa Grove!
- Airline ticket. We need to pay for an additional (roundtrip) ticket for her from New York to Chicago. At this point, we don't know the exact amount but estimate around $300.
- English Bible (Click here to buy)
Ukr*inian Bible (Click here to buy)Thank you Powers Family!
We will keep this list updated and let you know once the need is met.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!
We are hosting through the organization New Horizons for Children, Inc. You can learn more about them by checking out their website here and following them on facebook here.