It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, April 15, 2013

Food Confession: I Eat Sauerkraut



Sometimes I just have to open a can of sauerkraut even if no one else in my house will take a bite of it.

I put it on sandwiches, make a batch the way mom my mom does with onions and brown sugar, or just eat it cold out of the can.

The sad thing is that no one other than my extended family will eat the stuff. I can't wait for book club or a get-together to share my favorite sauerkraut dish because it isn't that kind of food.

I seriously think it deserves more respect and for people to take another try or two of it. Maybe I will just be brave and bring it to my next event...or maybe not. (I really do want to continue being invited places.)

Could there be some of you out there who actually do like sauerkraut but are forced to forgo this tangy and sour deliciousness because others don't understand? Speak up and tell me about it! 

What is your favorite food that no one else in your family will eat?



No comments:

Post a Comment