It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

H & H Assignment: Music Mondays in May

My Homesteaders & Homeschoolers Blog Group's assignment for the month of May is writing about music.We picked music not just because of its alliteration with the name of the month but because also because we realized how many of our memories are connected to music. Here is week #4 and yes, I know it isn't Monday. Would it surprise you learn that next month's assignment doesn't have a due date?


I know that I have shared with you in the past that I don't have an mp3 player or iPod. If I listen to music it is in the car or on our family's computer, which sits in the kitchen.  

We have an apple computer although I couldn't tell you what model or anything else about it. I know that it is powerful enough for my graphic designer husband who knows and worries about such things. Anyhooo....we have iTunes on the computer because it is an apple and all things lower case "i".

 Did you know that iTunes keeps track of your "Top 25 Most Played"?


I didn't and this fascinates me. 



I checked it recently and wasn't really surprised that 21 of my 25 are Yo-Yo Ma. (Remember that my Christmas present from Michael was getting to see him play with the CSO.) Although I have several of his albums, my favorite is The Essential.




The other 4 of the 25 being Kristin Chenoweth. The Yo-Yo Ma didn't really surprise me but the Kristin did! A closer look revealed that we must really like her Christmas album! 

We also really enjoy Kristin on the Wicked Soundtrack and her "Let Yourself Go" album

So I am snooping around a bit on my family's iTunes to see what they have as their top 25. I just tried our iPads and it turns out that I don't know how to look that up on that type of device. I will ask Michael later...and he will make fun of me for that. I will just check on the desktop computer.

Michael's top 25 includes:

  • Kenny Chesney
  • Jamie Grace
  • Skillet
  • tobyMac
  • Boyz II Men (what???)
  • Group 1 Crew
  • The Beatles
  • Big Daddy Weave

Nan's top 25 includes:

  • tobyMac
  • Miley Cyrus
  • Classical Conversations (For Real: She chooses to listen to her schoolwork!)
  • Kidz Bop
  • Taylor Swift
  • Justin Bieber
  • Bridgit Mendler 

So go check your playlists, come back, and let me know what your "Top 25 Most Played" includes. While you are at, go ahead and snoop on your family and share what's on their lists. Anything surprise you? 

 

If you scroll along the righ-hand side you can find links to the other H & H members and their blogs. 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. LOL! I hear ya! I think I am one of the few iPhone people who don't use their phone much for music. I have 2 homeschooling calendar time songs on it, a couple ringtones and maybe 6 total songs. When my iPhone died, I never bothered to re-load them. So, I don't think it could even come up with a top 25, lol. Maybe the top 6 total songs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... this "assignment" has been driving me crazy! I can pull up the Top 25 Played on my iMac, but that's the whole family combined, and I can't figure out how to find out the Top 25 Played on my iPhone (where I listen to music). And now I'm really curious! Thanks a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chantal Kreviazuk, One Direction, Travis Cottrell, Sidewalk Prophets, Third Day, Joe Nichols, Michael Card, Uncle Kracker, Steven Curtis Chapman, Eli Young Band, Chris Tomlin, Miranda Lambert, Casey James...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how to do this too. I don't listen to a lot on my iPhone. I do love Pandora!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listen to music on my iPhone but primarily Pandora. So my most played may be random. I have been listening to Mali Music station and plan to download his album.

    ReplyDelete