It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Saturday, June 8, 2013

homeschool teachers v public school teachers

If you clicked on this post looking for some drama, you won't find it...sorry to disappoint.




A friend, who teaches Kindergarten, posted this just this morning:


 As a homeschool teacher, this is not a problem for me. I really couldn't relate. It is one way our "jobs" are different. It made me appreciate her all the more!



She had earlier posted this:


As a homeschool teacher, this IS a problem for me. I could totally relate. It is one way our "jobs" are the same. It made me appreciate her all the more!



Anyone, who serves, loves, disciplines and teaches children because it is what he or she is gifted and called to do, deserves our respect. It is a tough "job".


I am blessed to have had and continue to have so many wonderful teachers in my life. I still learning from them! The best teacher I have ever had and will ever had gives this piece of advice, "If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet." (John 13:14 It isn't really just about literally washing feet - it is about serving one another in love.) 


1 comment:

  1. Love it!!!
    Love the Scripture of course.
    About died of laughter when I saw the owl! That it SOOOO true! I am sure I looked like that every May when I taught high school, lol!

    ReplyDelete