It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Wake-up Calls

This recently came across my computer screen.

It all takes place in a hospital but it reminded me that I need to be more aware of the those around me...not just those in a hospital.




  

I wrote this post yesterday afternoon. Little did I know that in a few hours, I would be woken up by a phone call. In the wee hours of the morning, a loved one needed to be taken to the hospital. Spending several hours in an ER people watching made this video even more real for me.

 I am thankful for the wake-up calls. The one from someone who trusted me enough to ask me to take them to the hospital and the one that this video gave me.

I am a total work in progress and often am so wrapped up in myself I miss the hurts of the people around me. Please know that it isn't intentional. If you need someone to talk just listen or to pray for you, It would be my honor to do so. Just leave me a comment, drop me an email, or facebook message.


No comments:

Post a Comment