It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Saturday, July 27, 2013

2 Days Before She Leaves



This morning stunk. 


Nastya is not being very helpful with packing. She is reluctant and even questioning...almost defiant. Please note this is not at all how she has behaved. It is frustrating and heartbreaking.


Today she asked me about another boy from her "school" who has found his forever family. She wanted to know why she can't stay and come back like him....I swear she waited until Michael left for a soccer tournament to ask me the hard questions. I am not posting the conversation here because honestly it is none of your business. I only mention it because I want to give you an accurate portrayal of what hosting is like.



Gag.


 Ick.


Yuck.


Let's stop talking about this stuff. I simply can't go there.



Let me ask you a question.






How am I supposed to get all of this stuff....


not pictured is the load of clothes in the dryer, her toiletries,  and the winter coat, hat, and gloves.








...into this rolling duffel bag? 


She is totally excited about her thirty-one rolling duffel bag!





Let me ask you another question.




Will you pray for these people 

because they are totally hurting right now? 


2 comments:

  1. Oh Laura! That just breaks my heart! I will definitely be praying and thinking of all you! I can't imagine how difficult this part of hosting can be and especially if she is asking some hard questions. Big hugs to you!

    As far as packing goes, I will say a prayer for you on that too! That is a tone of stuff for that bag! I'm sure she has loved every moment of her stay with your great family! What a blessing for her to have been a part of your family!

    ReplyDelete