It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First Day Do-Over Pictures (and a few answers to FAQs)

Nan is a 5th Grader and Jo's First Day of Preschool
Jo is actually attending a preschool in a neighboring community a few mornings a week.

Nan walking Jo to the door of Jo's "Big Girl School".

It is possible  that I was "that" mom who arrived way too early. I hadn't planned on photostalking her...but I hid behind the dash and snapped away like a crazy person.

Please note in both pictures that Jo is one of the children who is holding a teacher's hand. My years as a preschool teacher have given me the experience to know that the teacher isn't holding Jo's hand because she is the sweetest, cutest, and most obedient child in the class...


1. Yes, we homeschool but we are sending Jo to preschool 2 mornings a week. I will probably write a whole post about it later.

2. Yes, we are still planning on homeschooling Jo (and do school work with her the other 3 days here at home).

3. Yes, Nan is only 9 and in the 5th grade. She has a November birthday so if she went to public school in Illinois she would only be going into the 4th grade. Although we think that she is both mature and smart, she isn't some kind of super genius and we aren't homeschooling her to make her smarter than everyone else. (Sounds like another post...and yes, we get asked that a lot.)

4. Yes, I will answer more of your homeschool questions. Just drop me a comment or an email.

5. Yes, today was a much better day than yesterday.


4 comments:

  1. Jo and Thing Two sound like two peas in a pod:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a genius, it's okay to say you do, too. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! They are adorable! So glad you got some taken, it's such a cute keepsake. You go, Mom! ;-)
    PS- Parent paparazzi is totally okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hand holder, too! He is so much of a handful that I sent him to preschool during the summer for a couple hours every day so I could tend to my oldest child and our garden without his 'helping hands'.

    ReplyDelete