It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, August 19, 2013

For Real: First Day of School Edition

For Real: I have had to use this today because I have a daughter who thought she could get out of quiet rest time if she peed her pants. Not only did she explain how she expected her plan to work, she laughed at my disgust. For the record, it did not get her out of rest time.  I wouldn't actually consider myself the winner in this battle of the wills.




For Real: Not one alarm clock in our house went off today. So we all started the day running behind and rushed.

For Real: Jo had painted herself and poured sand on her head less than five minutes after I got her ready.

For Real: It was our first day of school but I am not going to count it even though we did Grammar and Math. 

For Real: I was yelling at Nan even before we took our first day of school pictures.

For Real: I used profanity today.  (way more than usual)

For Real: I never did take first day of school pictures.

For Real: I hid in my room with leftover birthday cake.

For Real: My computer has a little pop up on it telling me my backup disk is full. I don't know much about computers but I am pretty sure mine is in danger of crashing.

For Real: I am afraid to tell my husband about said pop up and I am afraid NOT to tell my husband about it.

Bonus For Real: it is almost 3pm and I still haven't showered or gotten dressed today.


What is something For Real about your day?


Just ran across this little parenting reminder. Click Here to read.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a day!
    For Real- my mom was bothering Z after her first day of school today by being at our house and talking the entire time she was writing out spelling words.
    For Real- Z's art teacher didn't recognize her because her hair has grown over the summer.
    For Real- Gigi found the hammer in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always tomorrow friend! :-)
    Sorry today was so crazy!
    Do take pictures sometime this month though! They are a great keepsake. Even the goofy ones- sometimes they are the best ones! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was our "do-over" and we took pictures that show us smiling and happy...how we really were today!

      Delete
  3. Sorry you are having a rough Monday. I am still in my pj's. The birthday boy wanted to play in the sprinkler so I sent the kids outside and watched 30 minutes of daytime TV - just because I wanted to lay down! I played outside with the boys- yes in my pajamas. I tried to bribe them with kindle time so I could stop playing. Jeremiah informed me I needed the exercise:)

    Praying your day is better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is better! (Thanks for staying in your PJ's. I am sure you meant it as a sign of solidarity.)

      Delete
  4. Tee, hee.
    My "for real school day" isn't too bad. We had a nice day. A very slow day (including getting up late after a super-busy-weekend) but we just took our dear sweet time doing what had to be done.

    Apparently all that had to be done was math, reading, penmanship and nature walk for the littles, math and literature and "life skills" (tearing shingles off the garage roof for 16yob and sewing pillowcase dresses for African girls for the 17yog) for the big kids.

    Not technically "enough" school, but it was nice and peaceful and WE ARE COUNTING IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you got an awful lot accomplished for a not-technically-enough-school-day!

      Delete