It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Quoting Nan

If we are friends on facebook, you probably read my status updates on our JoJo. There is always something funny coming out of her mouth!

Yes, I post more about Jo there than I do Nan.

It is only because I love Jo more.

I am just kidding. I wrote that to make Nan look up from the computer screen and howl, "Mommmmmm!"  :)

This is Nan and her BF giving us their best "Mommmmm!" Looks


Nan says interesting things too. I don't share them for two reasons. The first being, she reads every word of this blog and would know that I used a quote without her permission. But mainly because she says things that aren't cute and funny.

She is a born-worrier. With her, we have always have to balance how much information to give her.

Do any of you have children like that too?

As she has matured, we have found that she does better when we plainly present all the information to her even if it seems too intense. She does better with all the facts. I believe this is because she doesn't have to spend her quiet moments making up the details and the "what-ifs".

Consequently, when Nan says something quotable, it usually makes me think... not laugh.

This past week, we were watching a National Geographic special on the making of the Lord of the Rings movies. They compared Tolkien's life events to the events in his novels such as both World Wars. Briefly mentioned were some of the weapons used such as  poisonous gas. Nan immediately looks to me and asks, "Poisonous gas is just like Syria. Could this lead to another world war?"

Do you have an answer for that question?

Me neither.

1 comment:

  1. That's tough. I live with a serious girl, too. It's hard when they ask those "whoah!" questions. We are very matter of fact here, too.

    ReplyDelete