It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

For Real

For Real...


I can't find my Valentine cookie cutters or even any heart-shaped ones. They are in a plastic ziplock bag...not in my Valentine tote. I gave up and cut out circle sugar cookies instead. :(

While looking for said cookie cutters, I discovered misplaced St. Patrick's Day cookie cutters. Did I take the time to put those away so I can find them in a few weeks? Nope.

I also found a cauliflower on the shelf in my garage. Yeah, I thought I had bought one and wondered what had happened to it.

I am still in my pajamas.

School went really well today! Nan was in a hurry for a lunch date with Aunt Karen so she was motivated. I am dreading when she leaves and I have to teach all the Saxon Math investigations by myself.

I ate raw cookie dough which is not on my diet...or probably anyone's diet. What a waste of a cheat...I mean it doesn't even have chocolate chips in it!

Jo has changed her name to Elsa. She is stubborn, so she will not respond to her actual legal name or any regular nicknames. I should find this cute but instead it is annoying.

Speaking of annoying, I get annoyed when people don't put in as much effort as I do. Even if it doesn't matter...for example, someone asked me for permission to do something that is pretty much no effort on my part but they gave a lame excuse. I said yes but it annoyed me so I feel bad about that. Why do I care and waste energy on stuff like this. I don't want to but I keep thinking about it....gag. I hate being part of girl drama even if it is all in my head.

My shower curtain is mildewy. (Is mildewy a word?) It is also pulled loose in a few places so it hangs funny. I need to replace it but am lazy. I keep telling myself that I am really waiting to see how long until my husband says or does something about it. I should just get off the computer and do it. 

I don't buy Valentine gifts but don't expect any. 

Jo Elsa needs to look in my mouth "to see if you have or don't have tonsils." So I have to go...

What is something For Real about your day? 

8 comments:

  1. I. hate. wednesdays. We have to reconsider our monday-tuesday schedule so every stinkin wednesday might not suck. I am also still in my pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realized this would sign "The Queen" which is how I post things on my blog so I don't use any of our names. Feeling a little silly now.

      Kelli

      Delete
    2. LOL about the Queen. I have to admit that I tried to look and see who called themselves by this royal title. So glad you are a PJ family too! :)

      Delete
  2. I have worn the SAME outfit for 5 days! That means I have not showered either that long. Typing that make me want to go get cleaned up! eh...maybe later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are always in our pgs, unless we leave the house. My kitchen island has not been cleared off in months. I mop only once a week because I feel its a useless. Same goes for the vaccum. School is a struggle this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have done no book work today! Eliana is complaining that I am no fun because she needs to do her school work. The boys have been playing video games since we got home from tumbling. I just can't handle the fighting anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. You have a whole tote for Valentine's Day!? That is awesome and has to cancel out at least one for real.
    2. Ditto for making your own cookies!
    3. Lists are fun.
    4. PJs during the day is the new rage. All the cool kids are doing it.
    5. If your Elsa is making it so cold outside, can she stop please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right there with ya, sister! Mildewy curtains aren't normal? hmmmm

    And getting annoyed when others don't put in as much effort as I do (or value what I value!). . .yep, guilty here!!! Aren't we so silly?!

    ReplyDelete