It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, February 24, 2014

Sensory Table: Table Salt

I purchased 3 of these 4lb boxes of table salt at Sam's Club for $0.98 each.

All three boxes filled the sensory table about half-way, which I think is the perfect fill amount. Jo enjoyed using cookie cutters, strainers an some little cups in the table. I also included a magnify glass. What I like about this is that it doesn't spoil and can be reused. I have heard that you can dye the salt with food coloring. I may try that out but it doesn't feel necessary at this point. If you have done it, please tell me how it turns out. I think the dye would easily rub off on hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment