It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, March 7, 2014

65/365 Photos

65/365

Rx = hanging out in the bathroom
I know I have shared before that I have tummy troubles. If you have tummy troubles then you know that it sort of takes over part of your brain...and most of your life.

For the past few weeks I have been fighting sinus yuckiness. Netti pot, over-the-counter-meds, saline sprays, nasal sprays, humidifiers, vitamins, homeopathic remedies...I finally caved and went to see my Nurse Practitioner, whom I LOVE. She confirmed that yes I really was sick. Don't you just love that feeling? No, not the sick feeling but when someone validates your feelings? Yes, I have a sinus infection and an ear infection. I really did need a little help getting over it.

Back to the tummy issue because that is one main reason to avoid to my beloved NP, she will give me a magic pill (AKA antibiotics) that will make my tummy trouble flair up.

I returned home from the doctor's office in a  way better mood because I know relief is possibly as close as 24 hours. For that I propose a toast! 

I lift my glass of pro-biotic rich, kefir to offer this toast: here is to breathing through my nose, hearing in my ears, and not hurting in my head. Blessings to my NP who prescribes magic pills. And may all those little good little bacteria in my gut multiply quickly. A final praise for both things pictured: antibiotics and toilet paper!

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome photo. And I'm sorry you are sick.

    ReplyDelete