It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, March 21, 2014

80/365 Photos

80/365


My right ear.

My mom says that I never had an ear infection growing up. I just had my second as an adult. The first was the during the first 2 years I taught preschool...at that time I pretty much caught every single germ, virus, bacteria, or rash that was jumped off a those adorable 3-year olds.

 A few weeks ago, it was from a sinus infection that I let go too long. (Who else does that? I mean, it starts off as a cold and who wants to be the dork who goes to the doctor for a cold?) It has been weeks since I have been able to hear normal out of my ear and honestly (and quite embarrassingly) it hurts. Turns out that even though the infection is gone my Eustachian tube is still swollen trapping fluid between it and the ear drum.  Hearing (and my head not hurting or being dizzy!) is something I took for granted. My head hurts and I am grouchy. My family is hoping this ends quickly...did I mention that I am grouchy?

2 comments:

  1. Feel better. My other half has the same issues. And he gets infections when he swims in our pool, this year I'm going to be a good wife and buy him some ear plugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Ugh, I am so sorry! I had my first ear infection a couple years ago and IT HURT! I make garlic-infused oil to put in my ear and I used rice socks warmed in the microwave to put on my ear to ease the pain. It really helped, hope you feel better soon! (For both your sake AND your family's! grin)

    ReplyDelete