It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

For Real

For Real:


This morning, I walked to the living room half dressed to look for my most stretchy yoga pants, which were in the the (clean!) laundry basket.

As much as I want Jo to express herself and learn to make decisions, I will always fight this battle: leggings/tights are NOT pants. 

Nan needed space from Jo today, so she locked herself in her bedroom to work on math. Jo kept picking the lock and unlocking the door...not even going it just unlocking it because she could. I let this happen way more times than I should have because I was hiding downstairs...laughing.

We didn't attend Jo's 2nd semester Parent & Teacher Conferences at her preschool. She attends 7 hours a week...I have her all the rest of the time. I know her and I know what she knows. I still feel guilty and know that her young, newly married and degreed (I know that isn't a word but it should be.), childless teacher is totally judging me because I was once in her spot.

Soccer has started and I struggle with hating half the parents in this town who drop of their children at soccer practice and then complain about something. Truthfully, I am jealous the time my husband, and now Nan, give away to people who don't appreciate it.

Totally blessed and stressed by orphan hosting and have no plans to do it again this summer.

I have worked out only 2x since Valentine's Day.

My house smells like our dog.

The only Easter/Spring decoration I have put up is the wreath on the front door. The rest is just not going to happen. But the totes remain sitting by the front door just in case I change my mind...

I tried a new flavor of tea, Bigelow Cranberry Hibiscus, this week and didn't like it. I have spent way too much time thinking about it: Should I pass it on to a friend who may enjoy it? Is the flavor just gross, so I should throw it away? Could I use it in the sensory table? Should I try it again and maybe I will like it? 

What is something For Real about your day? 







1 comment:

  1. Many of these made me laugh!! And think!
    Laugh-
    The tights/leggings. I have the same issue with Gigi.
    The door lock...hysterical!
    Preschool- they are SO judging you!
    The dog, open some windows.
    The tea, your inner turmoil about it. Giggle.
    Think- no orphan this summer? Por que?
    Easter decor-thanks for the reminder! I totally forgot to get mine out of the basement!!

    ReplyDelete