It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Insanely Annoying People on Facebook (and in life)

A friend pinned this on Pinterest and rather than make me laugh, it make me nod my head in the affirmative and almost say, "Amen!" to the computer.



I hope you never come by this blog or read one of my facebook posts and then feel like I am trying to prove what a good mom/wife/teacher/friend I am. Rather, I hope you see my life, which has been sanitized for the Internet so no one calls DCFS, and know that I am just a imperfect person relying on my relationship with Christ and the support of others to accomplish anything at all.


This e-card brought to mind 4 people, who are nice perimeter friends in real life and on facebook but now hidden on my Facebook feed. I can't see their posts and be feel okay with life. For Real: It makes me crabby.

Are there people on your facebook feed that you need to "hide"?

 Is there someone you need to not sit next to at a ball game or stand by at school pick-up? 

Politely make an attempt to set up some boundaries so you aren't crabby too!

And what if you can't just hide or you can't hide those people? Well tough. That is life. Get over it...I am kidding...sort of. I don't have an answer for you but this might be something to keep in mind,

Kind words heal and help;
    cutting words wound and maim.
Proverbs 15:4 


What you say can make the situation worse for you and that other (annoying!) person. If someone has the need to verbally vomit his/her life onto you, there is probably something else going on there. I encourage you to make it a point to pray for that person, who you can can't hide or escape from. 
I don't want to know the details but it would be my blessing to pray for you about this or anything else. Just drop me an email or message. 

PS: Will you remind me of this when I start to complain and gossip about someone? Totally okay to use the word hypocrite when you do so! :)

2 comments:

  1. It's human nature to complain/gossip about someone/something that's bothering you. Don't beat yourself up about it. And yes, I have hid many people on FB. Their posts are either completely self absorbed, they complain about every little thing, are mean about their own children, or they profess to hate the government SO much that if it's really that horrible to live here they surely haven't been to Haiti before!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't long ago I read a devotion that pointed out bible verses that made it clear that if a Christian were to talk bad about another Christian then the one doing the talking couldn't possibly be a Christian. Truly made me think. If we are followers of Christ how can we possibly in good conscience talk bad about his children?

    ReplyDelete