It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Thursday, April 24, 2014

It's My Birthday! Well...almost but here is how you can help me celebrate!

So it isn't actually my birthday...yet. But I did receive my first birthday card in the mail this week! Michael says it is too early to kick off celebrating officially or our children will also expect an entire birthday month! Ugh...there he goes with logic and common sense again! :)

My first birthday card of the year!



"Our" N*stya gets to come back to the USA this summer! A wonderful family in Michigan has the blessing of hosting her this time. Get this though: 2 of her older sisters get to come with her! This was a little bit more than anyone had expected so they could use a hand in fundraising. The actual cost of hosting is a little less than $3000 each! They were still fundraising for 2 when they found out. I love how they didn't back out and are still willing to host these special girls.

N*stya and one of her big sisters. Surprisingly, one more sister will be joining them.



 Anyway...I know that not all of you send cards and very few of you give me gifts. Don't worry, this is not a complaint. I do the same for you! (Facebook wall messages totally count as official birthday greetings, right?!?)

YET, if you were going to give me a gift or send me a card in the mail, would you consider making a donation in my honor instead? 

 


The beautiful Doran family will be hosting the 3 sisters this summer. You can visit this page to help cover the cost of hosting.




My goal is to raise $250.  Whatever I raise by May 30th (the day after my actual birthday), my husband will match. (PS: He just found that out by reading this blog! Congrats, honey, now you don't have to pick out a birthday gift!) So if my friends work together to donate $250, it will actually be $500!  (When you give, please be sure to mention that you are doing it in honor of me so Michael can keep track of the amount. )


No amount is too small.
 Just $5 will make a difference! 
(That is about the cost of a card and a stamp.)


I am warning you:

 I love N*stya so I will keep posting this until I have reached my goal! 


1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful idea Laura! I am thankful to have met you and your family. You are always a blessing. Happy early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete