It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Thursday, April 10, 2014

TBT

Throw Back Thursday

 

My Dad and Nan visiting with my Grandpa Fuzzy. (2007)
Although he was able to be at home during his last days, we spent a lot of time in the hospital those last few years. I hope you don't think it morbid or sad that this week's TBT is of my grandfather in a hospital bed. He fought cancer for many years before he finally left this world on an Easter morning in 2007. Being in a hospital bed is how Nan remembers him. We were blessed to have those last years! 

Yes, we called him Grandpa Fuzzy. It was short for Grandpa Fuzzy Walrus. I can't really give you a plausible explanantion for this nickname my sister and I created and why it stuck. 

My Grandma Fuzzy (yes, she got stuck with the nickname too) is coming to spend Easter with us this year. It has been a long time since she has,  and we are very excited to make some memories with her! 




No comments:

Post a Comment