It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Thursday, May 8, 2014

128/365 Photos

128/365


Cake from tonight's monthly homeschool support meeting

Tonight, the homoeschool support group to which we belong celebrated a completed year of home education. Time was spent specifically recognizing 1st year homeschoolers. Following a touching presentation based on the Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken," I was so blessed to hear each first year family share a few words.

One shared that after years of public schooling being home together was exactly what they needed. She put it into these emotional words, "It was like a prescription had been filled."

Another shared her initial fears of being with her children 24/7 but instead discovering, "The more I am with my kids, the more I want to be with them!"

A couple sitting by me passionately explained, "God has just opened our eyes to so many things...that other people don't realize."

I know that homeschooling isn't for everyone. But I am so happy when those who are supposed to be doing it, feel the success of their "journey". 

No comments:

Post a Comment