It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Thursday, May 29, 2014

148/365 Photos (For Real)

148/365


So I am officially out of the running for Mom-of-the-Year...big surprise. Jo complained about her oatmeal this morning and I snapped at her, "Then don't eat it but that is all you are getting until lunch." An hour later when Nan ate her breakfast she told me, "Gross! Moooooom, Jo tried to get me to put popcorn salt on my oatmeal like she did." Sure enough, I had handed Jo the wrong shaker this morning, so the child had covered her oatmeal in popcorn salt instead of cinnamon-sugar. No wonder she complained. (Too bad she complains so often that ignored her!) I promptly apologized, took a picture, and made her another breakfast even though it was just an hour until lunch. For Real: sometimes I can't even make it to breakfast without messing up this mom-thing!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha!!! Popcorn salt! Mama needs to drink more coffee!

    ReplyDelete