It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, May 19, 2014

Fundraising: We did it!

N*stya and her sister. Plans have changed and yet another sister gets to join them! An unexpected blessing but also an unexpected expense.

We reached our goal 11 days early! 

 

In fact, we went over our goal! 

Isn't that amazing?!? 

 

With 11 days left, I think you should keep giving...Michael agreed to match up to $250 for my birthday but maybe if I call him out on this public forum, he will be willing to up that?

Sooooo, it isn't too late to donate in honor of my birthday.


You can do it one of two ways:

1.) Online. You can donate directly to the Doran family through the You Care website. Please be sure to indicate the amount and that it is in honor of my birthday so Michael will know to match it.

2.) Mail. You can mail your donation directly to us and we will pass it along with our's. If you need our address drop me an email or message. 

My guess is that a Hallmark Card and stamp probably cost about $5. If you were considering sending me one for my birthday, would you instead make a donation?

I want to say thank you to everyone who has donated towards N*stya and her 2 sisters coming to the USA this summer. 


I love how you all love her and me! 

PS: If you are local, I am hosting a garage sale adoption fundraiser this weekend 5/23 - 5/24. All proceeds will go to help bring home two girls from Eastern Europe. They met their family through the same hosting program. In fact, it was their family who introduced to hosting! Please stop by and shop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment