It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, August 11, 2014

For Real




I like to see other people's vacation pictures and check-ins on Facebook. I usually don't think they are bragging or showing off, I think they are sharing things that make them happy.


N*stya and her sisters  live in a country that is on the news every single day. They are far enough away from the fighting to be considered safe. Is a country that is at war every considered safe? I am having a terribly difficult time not be anxious and giving it to the Lord.

In the past two days, the children in my house have eaten ice cream and popsicles more often than they have brushed their teeth.

I love the site to store option on Walmart.

My youngest bit herself until she cried and left a bruise. It has been a while since she has been that emotional. You know how you forget how wonderful a peace is until it is broken by a regressive behavior. That girls filled to the top with emotions and words.


I recently made my great grandmother's fruit dumplings recipe. I made a minor improvement that both my husband and sister agree is better. I felt like I won an award when they praised me!!! (please note that the 3 of the 4 kids sitting around the table still refused to eat the dish.)

My ear right ear constantly feels like it needs to "pop." I now find myself plugging my nose and trying to pop it without even thinking. So like sitting in church, driving, checking out at the store...yeah, I look like a freak. (My husband has yet to say anything but he gives me this look when I do it.)


For lunch, I secretly made myself a cup of coffee and brown sugar & cinnamon pop tarts.



What is something For Real about your day? 





3 comments:

  1. My heart hurts for those sweet girls in the Ukraine. And all of the other children there. And in Iraq. And Israel. And Gaza. And in Liberia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For real: I stink. I need a shower. Granted, it is from exercising and doing work, but I don't want to mess with it since I will begetting sweaty later from walk/running. I think I will get to it before I go visit with friends tonight. I waited 2 freaking weeks to do laundry and now I have mountains of clothes to put away. I have let my children fend for themselves today when it comes to food. They have managed just fine, even eating healthy foods, and it makes me wonder how long they would survive without me before going to seek help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your for real posts! My "for real" is that I am so far behind (IN EVERYTHING) and what I most regret is being behind in reading blogs and posting on my blog! ha! Who cares about the house, adoption paperwork, school planning, etc., etc! Right?! :)

    ReplyDelete