It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, August 18, 2014

Rise & Shine Day 1

My friend, Bethany, challenged me to participate with her in the Rise & Shine 10 Challenge. She has been doing this wake-up-early thing for a while now and swears by it. Hesitatingly, I am giving it a try.

Last night, was a bit crazy. The girls returned home after spending two nights at Nana & Papa's but on the way home we stopped by Meme & Papa's. We walked in the door after not having seen their Dad since Friday night and caught second wind....needless to say, Jo was still laying in her bed singing songs about how sad her life is because we make her go to bed at 10:30.

My brain wouldn't shut of either! After midnight, I was still laying in the dark rearranging my morning.

When my alarm went off at 5:50, I hit snooze. This was the plan. I would still be up at 6:00, which is still earlier than my usual 7:30.

Then I hit snooze again. (For Real)

When the alarm went off the 3rd time, I just set a new one for 6:30.

Soooooo....I got up at 6:30 today.

Read a small devotion that just so happened to be about not avoiding difficult things, made myself a cup of hot water with lemon and read the daily challenge email from Abundant Mama, Went on a walk around my subdivision listening to Vivaldi, had very short and easy worked out, and am here writing a blog about it make myself accountable each morning.

It was a little misty this morning. 

Here is the link to the challenge Bethany issued in case you want to join in too! 



"May I embrace this morning no matter what happens. 

May this morning feel peaceful and productive, even if it’s not perfect."

-- Abundant Mama Daily Intention

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear. This is a good idea. I should try it. But I am SOOOOO tired! Getting up in the night with a baby is MUCH more difficult at 40 than it was at 22 (just in case you wondered).

    ReplyDelete