It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Rise & Shine Day 10

Final Day of the Rise & Shine Challenge! I woke up everyday earlier than normally would have. Some mornings earlier than others. Today it was exactly at 6am when my alarm went off.

Instead of going on my morning walk, I celebrated by making my great grandmother's fruit dumplings, which are really more like a noodle dough covering a piece of pitted fruit (pit-removed, of course). If you have an abundance of peaches, necterines, apricots, or plums (what I made this morning), you should check out these Bohemian fruit dumplings. I shared the step-by-step recipe here.



Abundant Mama sent her congrats and issues this advice:
"Keep at it, though, because after a month you will be a new woman."




Day 1
Day 2 
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7 - Yeah, this one didn't happen! 
Day 8
Day 9

No comments:

Post a Comment