It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, August 22, 2014

Rise & Shine Day 5


I set THE ALARM (I feel like maybe I should name it? Any suggestions?) for 5:50am, so I could hit snooze one time. Was up just a minute or two before the snooze went off but laid in bed for a few more minutes.

This is why I can't get up, I disturb my cat. She is so cuddly but only in our bed. (Yes "our", Michael has a 1/4th of the bed and the cat and I share the rest.) This is a legit reason for staying in bed, right? 




Day 1 (Find out all the details so you can participate too!)
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4 (If you haven't yet, check out the comments to find out the history of the snooze button!) 



The Abundant Mama shared this poem today: 


Why I Wake Early
by Mary Oliver

Hello, sun in my face.
Hello, you who make the morning
and spread it over the fields
and into the faces of the tulips
and the nodding morning glories,
and into the windows of, even, the
miserable and crotchety–
best preacher that ever was,
dear star, that just happens
to be where you are in the universe
to keep us from ever-darkness,
to ease us with warm touching,
to hold us in the great hands of light–
good morning, good morning, good morning.
Watch, now, how I start the day
in happiness, in kindness.


No comments:

Post a Comment