It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Rise & Shine Day 6

It is Saturday. My family sleeps in...all of us....finally. It really seems like a shame to wake up early when I have waited years for JoJo to sleep in.

For us somewhere between 8 - 9 is normal wake up time on weekends...depending on how late we stayed up the night before, it can be later. I set the alarm for 7 today and hit the snooze button 2 times and then turned on the morning show to catch some weather. Have I ever mentioned how annoying weekend news anchors are? Really...even on the national level they are little immature. I used to wake up to CBS News because I really like Charlie, Nora, and Gayle. (Yes, Gayle is a little immature so she balance the other two out. She says the weird and inappropriate stuff that I would probably say.) And how in the world did Carson Daly end up on an NBC morning show? Does that seem weird to anyone else? Him plus Matt Lauer is enough to make you crazy before you even get dressed in the morning....




Wait! What was I talking about??? Oh, yeah. getting up early on weekends...obviously my brain is not quite awake.

Abundant Mama gave us this very simple but profound sentence this morning. 
(Okay, after the last rambling, I would understand if you don't believe I can identify something profound yet.)

"And every day, what I need is different."



Today I needed to sleep later and then lay there next to my sleeping husband watching TV news. 

It is okay! 

So, how is your Saturday waking up early different than the weekday getting up early? 





1 comment:

  1. I love the CBS Morning Show! Today Show gets to "look what new NBC Star is here today!"

    ReplyDelete