It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, August 25, 2014

Rise & Shine Day 8

Notice there isn't a day 7? We were out of town and staying in a hotel. I think that automatically means that I got up early and often although not intentionally.

It is difficult for me to be in a routine on weekends and when we are out of town. This morning the Abundant Mama shared about creating and maintaining a morning ritual. I am sure she meant only on home on weekdays! :)


A morning ritual, no matter how short, is something to look forward to so you can feel rested, grounded and balanced before the busyness of life takes over.


I set my alarm for 6. Hit snooze 2x and then finally shut it off. I got up when Michael's alarm went off at 6:30. Not exactly what I had planned but still earlier than 2 weeks ago!

This little one is up way earlier today messing with my routine. Could it possibly be because she insists on sleeping on a flannel nightgown when it is summer???

Learn more about this early morning challenge by reading Day 1 Here.

2 comments:

  1. I hide things like flannel nightgowns during warm months. Don't you?!?! Must. Hide. These. Things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you friend! That is exactly why we have a lock on get closet door! This Frozen nightgown is a new birthday gift. :)

      Delete