It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, September 5, 2014

For Real

Jo has 2 songs in her current rotation: "Sing Sweet Nightingale" which is the song one of the ugly stepsisters sings in Cinderella and "Hokey Pokey" but the version played in Roller Skating Rinks with the part "Everybody circle to left...."  I have 2 songs stuck in my head. Can you guess which ones?

Cleaning off my desk and counter has been on my "To Do" List every single day since school started. It still has not happened.

Since I have had JoJo, I sweat so much more. I am gross. It looks like I have run a marathon in July in Florida when in actuality, I have sat in the shade not moving. Did I mention that I am gross?

Jo was bribed with cotton candy so she wouldn't cry for the 3rd week in a row at soccer practice.

Nan's new thing is pouting. It REALLY bugs me.  I keep thinking that I am going to try pouting on her but I keep forgetting.

I spent way too much money and time in order to have 3 single roses not even in a vase delivered to N*dya for her birthday in Ukr*ine. It makes me sick to think about some moments and other moments I wish I had sent her much more no matter what the cost. How do you make up for years of not celebrating someone you love's birthday?

I attempted to eat a caramel apple in the car while driving today. I have it on every surface of the car and pretty much all over me. I should know better.

I just realized that I am in a completely new season in life. That Jo doesn't take afternoon naps, that I don't have any really little kids anymore. It feels like we had little for so long...I am okay with littles...I am nervous about older kids.

I discovered a piece to one of our board games in the yard. I brought in the house weeks ago really excited that I found it so we can still play the game. It is still not returned to the box and is on the aforementioned desk that needs to be cleaned off. Did you know that is magically walked out of the house and into the backyard? I didn't exactly see it happen but no one else in my home took it out there. (or so they all say)

For a few years I have served on leadership of a homeschool group. It was a ministry opportunity and for the most part, I loved it. I knew it was time to take a break when I started avoiding events and field trips. It has been a great reminder to me to appreciate those who volunteer and to think twice about complaining.

It has been 6 days since the new doughnut shop has posted anything on social media...still no opening date....not that I check every single day or anything.

What is something For Real about you today? 


1 comment:

  1. Sing sweet nightingale is now stuck in my head- for real! Lol!
    Maybe Jo is a DANCER!! ;-)
    Have you had the caramel apples at Rocky Mt??

    ReplyDelete