It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

For Real


There are kids that I love who don't live in my home. I get zero say-so in their lives and some I may never see again. This week involved drama with one of them so scabs were torn off my heart. We weren't designed to love this way and it stinks.


Jo knows more about menstruation at age 4 than I probably did at age 15 because she won't leave my side unless she has a friend over and she asks so many serious questions. It is probably a good thing she is homeschooled so she isn't sharing all this information with her peers.


Thankful for deepening relationship with my sister-in-law, Jill. We were both reminded this week that family is a gift from God because no one else can really see or understand somethings.


Google Translate is one of the most frustrating things ever invented but I use it at least once a day. I know that doesn't make sense...nothing seems to make sense with stupid Google Translate.


I have been secretly listening to Christmas music. Nan started practicing for her Christmas recital, so now I need more.


Two important emails are supposed to arrive anytime, so I have been checking my email like every 15 minutes for the past week. Seriously.


Nan is spending the day working with her Papa on the farm. I am proud of her for working hard and being a willing learner. He says she is a good listener and is the only person who will do things exactly like he wants. This makes me jealous...why doesn't she do that for me????


A friend shared her For Real post this morning and it made me cry. (You can read it here.) We all need some For Real in our lives.


I miss coffee.

What is something For Real about your life? 













No comments:

Post a Comment