It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

For Real



For Real: Even though we never ever saw a louse or even a nit but still treated it like we had, I still itch and think about it every time I do. Lice. Louse. Nit. I bet your head itches now too.

For Real: Trying to stuff all of our Christmas traditions  and activities into the 4 days N2 is here before Christmas is fun and exhausting to everyone but her and JoJo. They have a similar pace in life.

For Real: We haven't read one of our wrapped Christmas books each night this month. There is still a stack under the tree. Tonight N2 and N3 both read aloud to us. It was magical!

Four girls hung up Christmas ornaments tonight. Not our ornaments but a box of unbreakable ones that I bought at Sam's Club. One of the hosting/adoption groups we belong to shared about how unintentionally painful old Christmas ornaments can be to older orphans. For Real: I cried as I watched them decorate the tree. For Real: there are moments this holiday season that I have viewed that as a sacrifice even though I know in the whole scheme of life, they are just ornaments!

For Real: Friends stopped by and just stood around while we finished baking cookies. It was so nice. Since we have moved (5 years ago!), we don't have much dropping by.  I really want to have clean counter tops. I really want to have the table cleared off. I really want to not have dirty dishes piled up. I really need to not worry so much about that stuff. (Sounds like a good New Years resolution, doesn't it?) 

For Real: I went to out yesterday in a pair of yoga pants, a t-shirt, and big hoodie...but didn't wear a bra. I forgot to put one on when we left the house. We only went to wal-mart so it was all good. Oops!

(Itching so maybe it was a louse???)

For Real: I think my house smells like dog specifically dog poop. When I walked in the door from work on Monday morning everyone was still asleep except the dog who had diarrhea all over the laundry room floor...and then walked in it...and walked around my house. I cleaned and sterilized everything. I did this a bit resentfully because of the aforementioned sleeping. When he discovered another area, Michael cleaned it without a word. Then I felt guilty and a little shamed because I didn't do it with a cheerful heart like he did.

For Real: Speaking of dogs...I am not a dog person. Apparently this is the equivalent to not liking babies...it is viewed as wrong. I only really like a handful of dogs and sometimes I don't even like our dog.

For Real: I forgot the part of hosting that involves getting up early, staying up late, and spending almost every minute together. It is both glorious and exhausting.

For Real: Nan now speaks with a Russian accent about half the time. I can't figure out if it is annoying or adorable.

What is something For Real about you this holiday season? 


No comments:

Post a Comment