It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Winter Hosting Day 3

The child must think that all I do is sit on my phone or computer. In order to get N2 here, that is what I have pretty much been doing. Plans are pretty much finalized at this point. I hate to start off this post this way but it was much more expensive than we expected...like a lot. Last minute flights are expensive and we had to purchase 2: one for N2 and one for Michael to pick her up in Newark, NJ. We also have to pay our share for the adult chaperon who will bring her here. We are ever so grateful to those who worked tirelessly to bring her here including all of you have donated. It certainly takes a village!



Today contained a first, not for our host daughter but for Nancy: ironing. The girls began getting ready for our "formal" Hanukkah dinner part early in the day. N1 did not like her dress to have wrinkles, I wish you could have seen her face when I showed her Downey Wrinkle Releaser and then popped the dress in the dryer for a few minutes! She was not impressed. I finally dug out the ironing board (Nan did not know we owned one!) and iron. 

The girls did my hair...between the lice treatment, two people curling, and the half bottle of hairspray (I wish I was exaggerating) I am concerned that my hair might start falling out...

Set up N1's Wii profile and she spent a few hours moving and laughing. 



She worked with me to set the table for dinner. More pictures in a future Family Fun Goal post. 



The next few days are going to be a little crazy. Remember from day one when we mentioned car sickness? Please pray for her specifically regarding this issue as we have to drive to St. Louis. N2 is traveling, please pray for her too! Will you please pray for the two families and host children who did not win their appeal? I only have a brief glimpse of how that feels and it is absolutely heartbreaking. 


1 comment: