It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, January 5, 2015

My people, my tribe, my extended family

An author that I follow, Jen Hatmaker, calls them "My People". I have another friend who calls them "My Tribe". This weekend I heard one thoughtful teenager refer to us as "extended family."  What do you call the group of important people in your life who are not necessarily blood but are necessary?

I have seen posts about extroverts and introverts: how you recharge as a person. For me it isn't about being with people or being alone; it is about being with these people. 




Blessed to spend a long weekend with extended family. 

1 comment:

  1. I have much closer relationships with friends (who I don't know if I have a name for them?!) than most in my family. I do call my girlfriends my girls' aunties. And I do know they are all very needed in my life.

    ReplyDelete