It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, January 19, 2015

Winter Hosting Day 21 (1/7)




The big girls did a craft kit today. I cannot make this up, it was called: Painting Rocks. It even contained rocks. 
Nan is chugging away at school while N2 does a puzzle of the USA. N1 hides (so I don't give her an educational project too!) 



We are finally around in an evening to do one of our usual weekly traditions: Family Night. We eat most meals together around the table but once a week we rearrange the living room and eat pizza watching TV together. (Actually we probably normally spend MORE time together as a family eating around the table.)  A VERY SAD thing happened while we made the pizza dough. My beloved Kitchen-Aid mixer broke! (Not only do I love this kitchen appliance, it makes me happy just to see it on the counter because it was an out-of-the-blue-not-requested-gift from my Mother-in-Law. She just saw it on GVC and new I would love it. It makes me feel loved!) 

I had somehow messed up my shoulder so I visited the Chiropractor right before this. Apparently EVERY part of my body was out of place including my jaw so I left feeling like I was hit by car. (Way worse then just my shoulder at that point.) Michael finished making the pizza dough by hand for us. He is an old Pro having worked at Pagliai's Pizza in college. I should have just let him do it all in the first place!
Snow White making her pizza. 

Nan making her pizza. 

The girls making their pizza. Do you see how I just had bowls of toppings out on the counter and each person made their own pizza? Yeah, N2 made a pizza she didn't like. I think she got carried away on the toppings. This cracks me up and required me to make fun of her for the rest of evening. (Don't worry, we let her make herself something else for supper.) 

Instead of a movie, we watched an episode of Jessie (a show from the Disney channel that N2 could possible be addicted to) and then American Idol. Our family hasn't ever really followed the show but we are for this season! 

Our friend Kory auditioned and made it through! It was so exciting to see him on the tv and to watch him get a golden ticket!!!!! You can see his winning audition by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment