It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, January 30, 2015

Winter Hosting Day 27 (1/13)

This is the day we packed all the stuff, loaded it in the van, and cried off and on. Unsure about weather and wanting to minimize the amount of traveling in one day for N1, we drove up to Chicago the night before they left. We didn't leave until after Michael got home from work so the only thing we did was introduce the girls to Chick-fil-a, watch Disney channel (we don't have cable at home), and swim. We just were together and trying to all pretend that tomorrow wasn't happening.

These three...well, they were just meant to be together. 

This one doesn't understand why she doesn't have a group of sister's her age. That means more time with Dad! 

Dozens of tandem jumps. 

Splash fights that get taken too far and someone ends up mad. 

Dad organizes races to distract from the splash drama. 

Hanging out in coordinating pjs watching Disney Channel eating some of the foods on their "last" list: pepsi, rice krispy treats, bananas, and cuties. 


I don't have a lot that I can say. The night felt surreal. We all knew what was going to happen but there really isn't any way to prepare yourself for an indefinite length of time apart. Just thinking about it makes me cry. I miss seeing them all piled together snacking and watching tv. I miss seeing them in the car (and having to check on N1 every little bit). I miss them eating too much ketchup. I miss them hanging on me.

I miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment